First question you need to ask yourself is WHY..??
It is important that you understand the purpose of wanting to become a freight forwarder.. What is the objective..??
- Maybe its your intrigue or love of the industry and your ability to connect people and businesses ;
- Maybe because you are tired of the current forwarders in terms of their service offering and their attitude towards business and you think you can do it better ;
- Maybe you think you have a set of loyal customers who would support you if you ventured out on your own ;
- Maybe its the glitz and glamour that you see some of the freight forwarders exhibiting especially the new startups who the venture capitalists are fawning over ; or
- Maybe you are truly well versed in the business and you decided it is time for you to strike out on your own..
Whatever the reasons for you wanting to become a freight freight forwarder, here are 6 points you need to consider and a few things you need to get right first..